In just a few short weeks the wonderful world of Valhalla will be ripe for exploration when Ubisoft release Assassin’s Creed Valhalla onto Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5 and PC. If past history of the franchise is anything to go by, it’ll ensure many an hour or immersive adventuring lay ahead. Today though Ubisoft are already thinking to the future and with two major expansions already planned for the game – plus a ton of free content in between – Valhalla promises to go above and beyond anything you have already seen.
As is the norm with many a game to release on current and next-gen consoles, a Season Pass will be at the heart of what Ubisoft are providing with Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. This will deliver two major expansions of gameplay – narratively driven – along with an extra exclusive quest. These will take us to Ireland in the Spring of 2021, followed by a trip to Paris in the Summer. Preceeding both of those though, and rocking up on launch of Valhalla, will be The Legend of Beowulf.
Details as follows:
- The Legend of Beowulf quest: In this exclusive quest, players will uncover the monstrous truth behind the legend of Beowulf, available on the launch day of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.
- Expansion 1 – Wrath of the Druids (Spring 2021): In this new adventure, players will journey to Ireland and unravel the mysteries of an ancient and mysterious druidic cult, tracking and discovering their members. Diving into Gaelic myths and folklores, they’ll need to fight their way through haunted forests and dazzling landscapes while gaining influence among Gaelic kings.
- Expansion 2 – The Siege of Paris (Summer 2021): In The Siege of Paris, players will have the chance to relive the most ambitious battle in Viking History with key historical figures of war-torn Frankia. During this key moment in history, players will infiltrate the fortified city of Paris and the River Seine under a prolonged siege, uncover enemy secrets, and form strategic alliances to safeguard their clan’s future.
Further to that though and Ubisoft are promising more – notably in the form of access to free seasonal content (first season starting in Dec 2020) including in-game events and festivals, new settlement buildings, services and games modes. The Discovery Tour, the educational tool that lets us explore the game world in a conflict-free environment as first seen in Assassin’s Creed Origins, will also be available for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla in 2021.
Each season will last three months, providing exciting content across that time, all of which will be accessible to all player types and levels of progression, focused on gameplay and world evolution.
Season 1 in December 2020 sees the following content planned:
- A new settlement area, allowing players to continue to grow and evolve their settlement.
- A traditional Viking Festival: the Yule Festival, for players to experience in their settlement.
- A new game mode: the River Raids. Building on Valhalla’s core raiding mechanic the mode will deliver a dynamic, challenging and highly replayable raid experience.
- The addition of the Ranks for Jomsviking: in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla players can not only create their lieutenant to be part of their raiding crew, but also recruit some from their friends and the community. In Season 1, players will see an update to the Jomsviking feature which will allow their Jomsviking to earn XP and rank up – the higher will be the rank of the lieutenant, the more silver players will earn when recruited by other players.
- Finally, as for each season, Season 1 will also come with new player skills and abilities, weapons and gear, and cosmetic items for the settlement, longship, horse and raven.
Season 2 will follow in March 2021 with a new game mode that builds on Valhalla’s core combat experiences, a new Jomsviking update, festivals in the Settlement, new gear and cosmetic items, and more. And then, further down the line we will be treated to Season 3 and Season 4 – information concerning those will come later.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will launch on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, Google Stadia and PC come November 10th 2020. A PS5 edition will drop at the release of the console from November 12th. It’ll also release on Amazon Luna.