In tandem with Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 pre-orders going live for Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and PlayStation 4, SEGA have unveiled a new trailer and fresh details about the game modes. So, who’s ready to be enlightened in regards to the Skill Battle and Online modes?
In Skill Battle mode, the emphasis is on creating teams of three from the available characters in either Puyo Puyo or Tetris gameplay settings, using their unique skills to create the ultimate lineup. Each character starts out with a single specialty and then learns more powerful skills the more you play with them. Selecting characters with complementary skills becomes a vitally important strategy for winning a Skill Battle match. During play, you’ll pop Puyos and clear Lines, sending Garbage Puyos and Blocks over to the other player’s board. When the Garbage falls, your opponent loses HP. If their HP hits 0, it’s time to celebrate because you win!!
Here’s a list of new Skill Battle features:
- Character Skills: Leverage powerful character skills to change the landscape of any Skill Battle match, from recovering HP to changing the color of Puyos to erasing Lines, and more.
- Level Up: Increase your character’s HP, MP, Attack, Defense, and Recovery by playing through the game’s Adventure mode.
- Item Cards: Power up your team with Item Cards to improve your character stats, with exclusive offerings tied to the game’s Launch Edition.
As far as the online aspect is concerned, Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 offers fun for all types of gamers to embrace. There’s the Leagues for veteran players to get stuck into and a Free Play mode for fun and casual gameplay. Building onto the Puzzle League foundations from the original Puyo Puyo Tetris, three additional Leagues have been added: Tetris League, Puyo Puyo League, and Skill Battle League. These Leagues provide a competitive space where you can match your strategy and talents against other pros, thus seeing how you rank amongst the world’s best. Free Play simply lets you play at a more casual pace with any ruleset and without the added pressure of rankings.
Check out the key online features:
- Puzzle Leagues: Looking for a challenge? Puzzle League offers you specialized platforms for high-level competition: Puzzle League (free choice of Puyo Puyo or Tetris), Tetris League, Puyo Puyo League and Skill Battle League.
- Free Play: Fans of a more casual experience will enjoy Puyo Puyo™ Tetris® 2’s Free Play online modes. Play with up to four players across Versus, Skill Battle, Swap, Fusion, Party and Big Bang modes, with customizable match settings. Create a room and invite your friends to play!
- Challenge Rank: You can share and compare scores with players around the world for various Challenge Modes, including Endless Fever, Endless Puyo, Tiny Puyo, Sprint, Marathon, and Ultra. Leaderboards will let you show off your own top score and you’ll be able to take stock of the competition.
So, if Puyo Puyo Tetris looks too fun to miss out on, get those pre-orders in early for Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and PlayStation 4, before its arrival on 8th November. By doing this, you’ll own the limited-time Launch Edition, which includes a pack of rare Item Cards for Skill Battle mode. Let us know if you end up buying it via the comments section below!