It’s been sat in Steam Early Access for the best part of a year, but now The Farm 51 are looking to ramp up the hype behind their upcoming sci-fi RPG survival horror game Chernobylite, with news that the game will now also be coming to both current, and next-gen consoles.
Since initial Early Access launch, Chernobylite has come a long way, packed with updates and new features. But today it begins to open up to a whole new audience with confirmation that it will be launching in 2021 not just on PC, but also current and next-gen consoles. Whilst no specific consoles have yet been named, we’d hazard a massive guess and throw Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4 and PS5 out there. Hell, you never know, it may also drop on Nintendo Switch.
This console drop becomes a possibility thanks to a partnership between The Farm 51 Studio and those at All in! Games (Ghostrunner). Thanks to the cooperation, the game will get many more distribution channels (including streaming platforms) and will be professionally localized in more languages than originally planned. But before this happens you can already enjoy another massive update that has just been added to the game. The Mega Patch is the penultimate one before the game’s content is complete, and is rolling out to the Early Access brigade right now. Here’s what you can expect from it:
- Two new quests to complete – Dig deeper into either Olivier’s or Olga’s story. Or explore both to add new plot pieces for discovering Chernobylite’s mystery.
- Two new levels, and additional locations on the already existing ones, to be discovered – Fractal World “The Woman in the Red Dress” is the conclusion of a new investigation on the board, and “Stealing Adrianna’s technology” will especially be enjoyed by those of you who asked how Igor got his VR helmet. On top of that, you’ll be able to explore additional locations added to the levels you already know. So make sure to revisit them and find them all. Just remember – you’ll need one of the new “toys” for that.
- And yes, by “toys” we mean new weapons! – Test either the Chernobylite Blaster or enjoy the Anti-Chernobylite Burner that will help you to access the already mentioned new locations. Warning! Don’t visit them unless you’re not ready for a whole load of new events, as we’ve added over 40 of them within all levels.
- AI improvements – Get ready for a perceptible change in the way soldiers behave when patrolling and searching for you. But most importantly, beware of the Black Stalker, as fighting him now is a real challenge. Mark our words.
If you’ve not yet heard of Chernobylite then you need to get with the times. It is a science-fiction RPG survival horror experience from the team behind the critically-acclaimed Get Even, mixing free exploration of its disturbing world with challenging combat, crafting, and non-linear storytelling. Made possible via the power of Unreal Engine 4 and working with Reality 51’s scanning technology, The Farm 51 have been working on it for more than five years.
Key features of Chernobylite include:
- Explore a beautiful and horrifyingly accurate 3D-scanned recreation of the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone.
- Collaborate or compete with other stalkers in the Zone. But whatever you do, never fully trust them. Remember, everybody has a hidden agenda.
- Face and survive natural and supernatural threats.
- Immerse yourself in a thrilling, non-linear science-fiction horror story.
- Make good use of your chemistry and physics knowledge to craft equipment and manage supplies.
- Fight against savage creatures pouring out of an alternate reality.
- Investigate and collect data with a set of sophisticated environmental and substance-analyzing tools.
Chernobylite is available now on Steam Early Access and Games in Development on GOG.com. It’ll be published by All in! Games, and launch in 2021 on PC, current-gen, and next-gen consoles. We’ll be sure to let you know once we have more.