Famitsu has released the data for software and hardware sales in Japan for last week, and it was a pretty unreasonable week, all. Ghost of Tsushima Director cut was the biggest new release of the week, and has sold pretty decent figures for extended re-releases. The PS5 version sold over 13,700 units in the fifth position, while the PS4 version, in the seventh position, sold over 10,000 units.
Technically, Fit Fit Adventure peaked, with over 17,000 units sold, but with PS5 and PS4 sales combined, Ghost of Tsushima Director cut is the highest selling game of the week. In the meantime, various Switch evergreen exceptions like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, a Super Mario Party can also be found in the software charts.
On the hardware side of things, the Nintendo Switch is still the best-selling console, having moved over 72,000 units over the week. The PS5 follows in second place, slipping from a fairly large margin, having sold over 12,000 units.
You can check out the full software and hardware charts for the week ending August 22 below.
Software sales (and then lifetime sales):
- [NSW] Fit Fit Adventure – 17,656 (2,772,950)
- [NSW] Du-Rush Yu-Gi-Oh! Battle of Saikyo Royale !! – 16,742 (113,039)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 15,756 (3,995,095)
- [NSW] Minecraft – 15,385 (2,139,193)
- [PS5] Ghost of Tsushima Director cut – 13,745 (New)
- [NSW] Momotaro Dentetsu: Showa, Heisei, Reiwa mo Teiban! – 13,581 (2,336,531)
- [PS4] Ghost of Tsushima Director cut – 10,224 (New)
- [NSW] Ultimate Smash Bros. – 8,870 (4,389,399)
- [NSW] Super Mario 3D World + Bowser Rabbit – 8,212 (857,492)
- [NSW] Super Mario Party – 6,810 (1,970,823)
Hardware sales (and then last week’s sales):
Nintendo Switch – 72,527 (89,732)
PS5 – 12,638 (9,056)
Xbox X / S Series – 5,782 (1,256)
PS4 – 943 (1,170)
3DS – 522 (539)