Famitsu charts for the most anticipated games, as voted on by their readers, saw some interesting move a few weeks ago when Final Fantasy 16 he took the top from Rising Myths. This week, the two positions changed again, with Bandai Namco’s action RPG now underway at the top, though not by a very broad lead of votes, to be honest.
Meanwhile, much of the rest of the top 10 is dominated by upcoming Nintendo Switch releases. Except for the PS4’s Legend of the Heroes: Kuro no Kiseko in ninth place, all other games are Switch titles. The Legend of Zelda: Wild Breath sequence, Shin Megami Tensei 5, a Bayonetta 3 continue to sit in the top 5.
In the meantime, Metroid Dread in eighth position, behind splatoon 3, a Brilliant Diamond Pokemon a Bright Peal, which comes out in November. Rounding out the top 10 is Super Robot Wars 30 in tenth position.
You can check out the full top 10 below. All votes were cast by Famitsu readers between July 29 and August 4.
1. [PS4] Tales of Arise – 652 votes
2. [PS5] Final Fantasy 16 – 618 votes
3. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Wildfire 2 – 572 votes
4. [NSW] Shin Megami Tensei 5 – 543 votes
5. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 – 530 votes
6. [NSW] Splatoon 3 – 337 votes
7. [NSW] Pokémon Brilliant Diamond / Shining Pearl – 323 votes
8. [NSW] Metroid Dread – 251 votes
9. [PS4] Legend of the Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki – 239 votes
10. [NSW] Super Robot Wars 30 – 231 votes
[Via Nintendo Everything]