Much is made of the Kraken PS5 compression technique, and is one of the few aspects of the new hardware that has already begun to show results. We’ve seen more than a few instances of games and their updates with significantly smaller sizes on the PS5 compared to other systems, and with its newest title update, Watch Dogs: Legion again achieved very effective PS5 compression.
As for Ubisoft, Title Update 5.6 for Watch Dogs: Legion the PS5 has a size of just 3.2 GB – which is substantially smaller than most other systems. Its size is 40.2 GB on Xbox Series X / S, 26.6 GB on PS4, 23.8 GB on Xbox One, and 25.98 GB on PC and Stadia. Of course, there is a chance that a different composition of patches on different consoles could result in different sizes – but this is a significant and striking margin nonetheless.
The title update has now been rolled out for Watch Dogs: Legion on all platforms. You can check out the full patch notes below.
- Fixed an issue that caused Spiderbot Arena’s minimum player requirement to be 4 players. This fix reduces the minimum player requirement to the intended 2 players.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash in some circumstances.
- Missing visual effects missing on some UI highlights while hovering over them with a mouse.
- Removed the Cargo Drone from Watch Dogs: Legion of the Dead.
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to fail to recruit Executives with a Rank 10 Season requirement while they have already unlocked Site 10.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when signing out of the active profile while in the Watch Dogs: Legion main menu.
- Fixed issue where controller inputs didn’t register if controller was activated after receiving an out-of-game invitation to start Watch Dog: Legion.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash.