Like many role-playing games, Rising Myths it has a considerable number of collections to locate in its various lands. Owls, Astral Flowers, Fish, Recipes and Artifacts can be found along with Gigants to kill. We’ll go over what each one does along with how much there is. But remember that a lot of this is optional. Aside from completing 100 percent and winning all of the Trophies and Achievements, you do not need to have all of them.
Let’s start by looking at each collectible type.
- Owls – Owls, as the name indicates, are owls. You won’t miss any of them and after defeating the first Lord, Rinwell’s friend, Hootle, unlocks an ability that alerts you when an Owl is nearby. Owls are usually quite close so it’s hard to miss them. Collected Owls are indicated by a white icon on the world map. A nice way to keep track of those collected is to visit the Owl Forest (which opens after accessing Nevia Snowplains). You will find Owls sitting in trees of different colors, corresponding to the lands in which they were found. If a roost is designated “full”, then this means that you have found all the Owls in that region. There are 38 Owls to collect in all but you need to collect 32, and then visit the King of Owls in the Owl Forest to unlock and find the remaining six. Each Owl you collect will provide a new costume for your characters to wear.
- Gigants – Elite Monsters are referred to as Gigants. There are 20 in total and these are basically wandering bosses in all areas who are harder than regular monsters. It is worth noting that many Gigants are not available when first visiting an area. You need to return and then try them (with some also attached to sub-quests). To find the free roaming ones on the map, simply open it and look for a red icon. Gigant Defeat provides Astral Flower which adds +10 CP to your current total so that they give your spell healing ability and spell cast quite a boost.
- Artifacts – Artifacts are quite interesting as they essentially enable different effects that can help make the game easier. Others may add things like Disorder difficulty, and the ability to deal and accept double damage. There are 23 Artefacts in total and they are found in chests, as rewards for finding Owls and sub-quests.
- Recipes – Recipes are used to unlock different meals cooked in campgrounds to give different buffs. These may include an increase in EXP earned, a higher discount rate for Minerals and the like. You will usually find five recipes in the story but others must be found in each area. There are 38 Recipes in total that can be located in chests and as sub-quest rewards. Some Recipes are only available when revisiting some locations.
- Astral Flowers – As noted above, Astral Flowers gives you +10 CP to your overall total. In total, there are 31 Astral Flowers to find and while 20 are to be collected from killing Gigants, you will find another 10 completing sub-quests and other activities.
- Fish – Throughout the game, you’ll find 12 fishing locations that are key to catching 44 different types of fish. Although all fish can be caught with any rod and lure, some registers guarantee that a certain fish is caught. “Boss” fish are also encountered and can be more difficult to catch because they have two stamina bars so keep that in mind.
Check out the videos below from PowerPyx for more location details for each collectible. For more tips and tricks while playing Rising Myths, head here. You can also read our official review here.