Great hearth and home update for Valheim it went live last week, bringing sweeping changes to food, some weapons and shields, and much more besides adding some new items. Unfortunately, not all of his changes went down well. Rebalancing some food items to emphasize Stamina and Health separately, which allowed players to specialize in certain roles.
So tanks would be more concerned with Health-based foods as power blocking now rated at max HP while DPS characters would be more concerned with Stamina-based foods to keep attacking. The problem is that it limits options for individual players. For example, specializing in more health for melee combat meant less Stamina for basic tasks like exploration.
As a result, a new patch is available that further rebalances Health and Stamina on most foods, adding more Stamina and Health as needed. It also slightly lowers HP Fulings and Fuling Shamans along with making it easier to amaze the former. The use of stamina with the bow has also been reduced. For more details, check out the hotfix notes below and stay tuned for more details in the coming weeks.
- Hp / stamina rebalanced on most foods (more stamina on hp foods and more hp on stamina foods etc)
- Fixed tar pit without spawning on dedicated server worlds
- Hp slightly lower on Fulings & Fuling shafts
- A little easier to amaze Fulings
- Fixed problem with pressing I in the server list when trying to filter servers
- Lower arch stamina use
- 1 × 1 cage wall physics repair (Parts already installed will probably need to be relocated)
- Boar now also eat blueberries, raspberries and mushrooms
- Chinese translation fix