While researching a Leader to open a door in Deathloop (it’s a long story), you need to travel to Fia’s Fortress in Fristad Rock. The objective is to find four Pictograms, included in Fia’s art, which can then be used as a solution for opening the door. There are a few problems though.
Tripping the sensors or having the guards sound an alarm will result in Fia activating the reactor in its fort. You then have 60 seconds to empty, which is a nice way of saying you have to leave the Area or start a new Loop. Killing Fia will prevent this from happening although you could also cut the right wire to stop the reactor melting. Either way, it is a good idea to delete it and then clear the facility of guards, turrets etc. for free investigation.
The second problem is that the four pictograms needed are randomly selected among the 14 present at the base. You will receive different clues for each but it may be a bit unusual to run around, not knowing where to look. To save some time, let’s look at all these pictograms.
- Pictogram 1: Want Power – Entering the bunker door at the top of the cliff, turn right and go down the elevator shaft. Break the logs that block a room and go through the adjacent window to find a battery on the right board. You’ll want to charge it first – use the charger in the room to do that. Upon returning to the elevator shaft, look for a closed door on the right. It will have a red button and a slot for inserting the battery. After the battery is inserted, press the button to open the door. You will find the pictogram inside.
- Pictogram 2: Adding Colors to Equipment and schema – Do you remember the room with the battery? Go back and look at the wall to your right near the tables and cages.
- Pictogram 3: Tend to Main Hall – From the door where you found the second pictogram, go down the hallway and look right. The third pictogram will be on the wall.
- Pictogram 4: Fia Marks Platform Exit – After the third pictogram, look for a path behind a vehicle that goes left and leads to a room. Upon entering, turn around and look to the right side wall for the fourth pictogram.
- Pictogram 5: Lubricating the Shaft – Go back to the elevator shaft, either from the bottom or from the bunker door at the top of the cliff. The fifth pictogram is about a halfway point.
- Pictogram 6: Under the Wheel Behemoth – Go back to the room where you found the first pictogram. When leaving the room, look right to see a destroyed tank. Just below the tank is a path and you can see the pictogram at the bottom.
- Pictogram 7: Brighten up the lockers – Go to the room with the nuclear reactor and look for the bathroom. The seventh pictogram will be inside.
- Pictogram 8 – In the foyer where pictogram 3 is located, turn right. There should be a room on that path where the eighth pictogram is behind a door.
- Pictogram 9 – Opposite pictogram 3 on the top floor, there will be a door. Go through it and then enter the second window. Pictogram 9 will be on the floor.
- Pictogram 10 – From the same spot where you found pictogram 9, turn around and then check the wall to the left. The 10th there will be a pictogram.
- Pictogram 11: Back Entrance Ogles – As you enter the fort through the cliff top bunker door, look at the left wall for the 11th pictogram.
- Pictogram 12: Fia’s Mobile Masterpiece – Located behind the reactor, a smack dab right in the middle of his room.
- Pictogram 13 – In the reactor room, check the left corner and look at the floor. The 13th there will be a pictogram.
- Pictogram 14 – From the same place where you found pictogram 6, enter the room on the right. Upon entering, turn and look down to the left – there will be a pictogram behind the door.
Check out the video guide below from PowerPyx to see exactly where each pictogram is.
How to access all the espionage dens
Sometimes while exploring Blackreef Areas, you may have stumbled upon a locked door. The ringing of the doorbell seems to do nothing and there seems to be no other entrance. But that’s not entirely true, at least for one of them.
Essentially, these are hiding places for spies who have been researching the AEON Program and each has its own specific code. The first hide at Fristad Rock can be accessed via an alternative route in the afternoon or evening once the water levels are low enough. Travel to the left of the tunnel and you should encounter a door hidden by some wooden planks. Cut the planks and there will be a path leading to the first hideout, the Storm Shelter.
This is basically the main headquarters of the spies – there is a door here that can only be opened when you have three codes. Alternatively the location has an audio log, Trinket, more information about the Visionaries and first code. To access the other two spy hides and access the other codes, you need to find their coordinates from a radio broadcast.
The broadcast can only be heard in the morning but if you go in any of the phone shoes or find any of the portable radios in any Area (the same ones that can be hacked to cause disturbance to distract enemies), then Hackamajig Colt can be used to tune in. During the broadcast, you will hear three specific coordinates. To make sure you don’t miss them, make sure subtitles are turned on.
The coordinates involved are M13, H26 and R33, each followed by a random number. These correspond to Karl Bay, Updaam and Fristad Rock respectively. Fristad Rock hide is the spy HQ you’ve already found. The Updaam hide is next to the Otto Fireworks Store while the Karl Bay hide is next to the Ice Treasure! The random number indicates how many times you must ring the doorbell of each hide to open it and is unique to each player.
Upon entering the Updaam hide, you will find a Model Viewer Trencher along with details of some other Visionaries and the second code. Visit the Karl Bay hideout and you’ll get notes on what happened to the spies, Model PT-Spiker and the third code. With all three codes, return to the spy headquarters at Fristad Rock.
Use every code on the back wall – this will open up a room with two Model Tribunals, details of various Visionaries and even security codes for Frank Spicer’s place and Fia’s reactor. You will even find a code for Gideon Fry Delivery Service. Again, if you are having trouble finding the espionage dens, please refer to the video guide below from xGarbett.
For more details on Deathloop, check out our official review here. You can also check out the best Slabs and what upgrades to use for your style of play here.