The newest Switch exclusive sold over 163,000 units in Japan at launch. Super Robot Wars 30 and Fatal Frame also saw solid debuts.
Famitsu has released its latest weekly data for software and hardware sales in Japan, and where the first is in question, several new releases dominate the charts. At the top of the pile is Mario Party Superstars, who has enjoyed a slimming first appearance of over 163,000 units sold. That’s a notable leap over first sales Super Mario Party, which sold over 142,000 units when it launched in October 2018.
Super Robot Wars 30 a strong first appearance was also enjoyed, and it actually occupies two places in the charts, with the Switch version second and the PS4 version coming in at No. 3. Both versions sold over 70,000 units and over 60,000 units respectively.
Similarly, the recently released remaster of Fatal Frame: Black Water Maiden also appeared twice in the top 10, with the PS4 version selling over 22,000 units and coming in at No. 4, and the Switch version selling over 20,000 units for sixth place for the first time.
In terms of hardware, the Nintendo Switch remains the best-selling console, to no one’s surprise. It sold over 74,000 units throughout the week, with nearly 34,000 units being the base model, while the OLED Switch model was almost 31,000 units.
You can check out the full software and hardware charts for the week ending October 31 below.
Software sales (and then lifetime sales):
- [NSW] Mario Party Superstars – 163,256 (New)
- [NSW] Super Robot Wars 30 – 70,849 (New)
- [PS4] Super Robot Wars 30 – 60,386 (New)
- [PS4] Fatal Frame: Black Water Maiden – 22,196 (New)
- [NSW] Tokimeki Memorial: Side of the 4th Heart Girl – 21,675 (New)
- [NSW] Fatal Frame: Black Water Maiden – 20,586 (New)
- [PS4] Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba – The Hinokami Chronicles – 9,351 (120,196)
- [NSW] Ultimate Smash Bros. – 9,225 (4,478,941)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 8,829 (4,112,648)
- [NSW] Minecraft – 8,715 (2,251,834)
- Nintendo Switch – 74,803
- PS5 – 24,106
- Xbox X / S Series – 2,862
- PS4 – 1,975