After its impressive debut last week, the 3D platformer has held on to the top spot in this week’s charts with over 110,000 units sold.
In Famitsu’s weekly charts for software and hardware sales in Japan last week, Kirby and the Forgotten Land enjoyed an impressive debut, selling over 380,000 units in its first three days. The publication has now released the new weekly charts as well, and the 3D platformer solid second-week sales, with over 110,000 units sold during the week.
Unsurprisingly, much of the top 10 is dominated by Nintendo Switch titles, with the exception of the PS4 version of Elden Ring, which sits in fifth place with over 10,000 units sold during the week. Interestingly, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild sales in Japan, at 1,993,660 units sold to date.
On the hardware front, the Nintendo Switch is still the highest selling platform of the week, with all its models collectively moving over 67,000 units, which is a bit of a drop from last week’s sales. The PS5, meanwhile, holds steadily (more or less) with over 30,000 units sold.
You can check out the full software and hardware sales charts for the week ending April 3 below.
Software sales (followed by lifetime sales):
- [NSW] Kirby and the Forgotten Land – 110,946 (491,006)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 19,801 (4,538,274)
- [NSW] Pokemon Legends: Arceus – 12,728 (2,208,128)
- [NSW] Minecraft – 11,158 (2,585,882)
- [PS4] Elden Ring – 10,068 (317,614)
- [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 9,831 (4,832,454)
- [NSW] Mario Party Superstars – 7,782 (927,817)
- [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 6,359 (1,993,660)
- [NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 5,410 (7,225,499)
- [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure – 5,101 (3,112,437)
Hardware sales (followed by last week’s sales):
- Nintendo Switch – 67,164 (83,800)
- PS5 – 30,666 (35,474)
- Xbox Series X / S – 4,409 (390)