Warhammer 40,000: Darkness it’s not yet widely available for PC, but the pre-order beta is currently ongoing. After its first weekend, Fatshark shared feedback on the results and release update 1.07. In addition to bug fixes, it also includes balance changes for the Zealot, Ogryn, and Veteran while the Psyker receives some gameplay adjustments.
For example, the Zealot’s toughness feats have seen some fixes, and bleeding has been overhauled to allow for stacking. Pushing the Psyker’s Force Sword has seen a slight nerf to the range, but its Peril cost has been removed (although the Peril cost is still in the sequence). Ogryn’s Shovel has increased mobility, while the club now deals more damage against certain enemy types.
There is also Oska Krall, who can change someone’s appearance. For more details on Update 1.07, check out the notes below. The pre-order beta ends on November 29th, with the full game launching on November 30th on PC via Steam and Game Pass. For more details, check out the recent overview trailer here.
1.0.7 LATEST SUMMARY
- Fixed a significant number of crashes – match crashes on the server and client.
- Fixed “stuck at position 1” queuing issue.
- Addressed many of the lack of XP in progression issues
- Fixed crashes that could occur when tabbing out while watching a cinematic
- Fixed crashes when player fell out of bounds
- Fixed issues in the credit shop where it was impossible to buy things with in-game currency
- Fixed issues where the third person camera would follow the player when going out of bounds.
- Fixed issues where Tigrus Mk II Heavy Eviscerator’s damage stat did not work as intended, damage failed to 50%. Now damage should be scaled properly.
- Fixed issues where the animation of starting a heavy attack with the Thunder Hammer could get stuck.
- Fixed multiple crashes caused by Beast of Nurgle.
- Fixed crashes that could occur when leaving the Mourningstar to command a mission when it has a certain trait equipped.
- Fixed crashes that could occur with some weapon features.
- Fixed issues where a player could complete the ‘Up Close and Personal’ Punishment without meeting the appropriate criteria.
- Fixed issues where ‘Covering Fire’ from the Veteran Sharpshooter was not working correctly.
- Fixed issues with Zealot talent descriptions not matching what they actually do.
- Fixed various issues where if you look straight down, a third person character’s head will spin and rotate 180 degrees.
- Fixed an issue where players would sometimes spawn with both weapons in hand.
- Fixed an issue where the Ogryn Grenade Box collides with the main weapon on a block.
- Fixed an issue with the Armory where the stock could occasionally be prematurely refreshed before the timer had expired.
- Additional codes to display alongside errors.
- Fixed an issue where “Reduce toughness damage” effects did not work against melee damage. (cohesion talents and effects)
- Fixed an issue where the “Recover toughness while in melee” talent did not trigger Zealots talents properly.
- Ancient talent balance pass, bleeding.
- Zealot talent balance pass, toughness, and bleed updates.
- Ogryn balance pass and grenade amounts adjusted.
- Clwb Ogryn, modified attack combo. Damage values increased against certain types of enemies.
- Ogryn’s spade increased mobility
- Adjusted speed with enemy characters, hordes, and spawn
- Additional Psyker gameplay adjustments, including removing the ‘push’ charge cost for the Sword of the Force
- Bump up for autoguns and autopistols
- Adjust Ranged Minions attack attributes
- Respawn/save/pullup state changed to 3rd person
- Added Chirurgeon of the Mourningstar