Nintendo recently announced that the RPG duo sold a total of over 4.05 million units in Japan within 3 days of release, including digital sales.
Famitsu has released its latest weekly data for physical hardware and software sales in Japan, and to no one’s surprise, Pokemon Scarlet and Violet topped the software charts, with over 2.5 million physical units sold in three days. Nintendo recently announced that the games sold 10 million units worldwide in three days, making them Nintendo’s biggest launch ever. 4.05 million units of those were sold in Japan (including digital sales), making them the biggest launch ever for a game in the region to date.
That, of course, means that Splatoon 3 has finally fallen down from the top, ending its 10-week run, which stretched back to its September launch. The game is second in the latest software charts with over 36,000 units sold. Meanwhile, God of War Ragnarok, which came third last week, remains with over 9,000 units sold, while fellow providers from the previous week – Ogre Tactics: Reborn (over 7,000 units sold) a Sonic boundaries (over 5,000 units sold) – come in at No. 5 and No. 10 respectively.
In terms of hardware, the Nintendo Switch has seen a huge jump in sales, thanks to launch pokemon, sold over 170,000 units during the week. Meanwhile, the PS5 has also seen a slight increase in sales over the past week, with over 32,000 units sold.
You are viewing the full physical hardware and software sales charts for the week ending November 20 below.
Software sales (followed by lifetime sales):
- [NSW] Pokemon Scarlet a Violet – 2,537,292 (New)
- [NSW] Splatoon 3 – 36,958 (3,368,155)
- [PS5] God of War Ragnarok – 9,901 (39,278)
- [PS4] Monochrome Mobius: Forgotten Rights and Wrongs – 9,066 (New)
- [NSW] Ogre Tactics: Reborn – 7,687 (44,470)
- [NSW] Minecraft – 7,449 (2,855,406)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 deluxe – 7,330 (4,906,589)
- [NSW] Card fight!! Dear Days Vanguard – 6,649 (New)
- [NSW] SympathyKiss – 6,072 (New)
- [NSW] Sonic boundaries – 5,837 (31,904)
Hardware sales (followed by last week’s sales):
- Nintendo Switch – 170,693 (97,542)
- PS5 – 32,749 (28,716)
- Xbox Series X/S – 1,527 (748)